By default, your site will search all of IU, but you can customize it to search only your URL or collection of URLs.
Google removed the option for users to remove ads from their search results in late 2017. To request a search engine to be created at part of IU’s GSuite for Education instance, fill out the Google@IU Custom Search Engine Request form. For more information about this process, visit the Knowledge Base.
When you receive notification that your search engine has been created, follow these steps to update your site:
- Go to Google Custom Search Engine and log in with the account you indicated in your request.
- Select the appropriate site.
- Expand Edit search engine.
- Click Look and feel, select Two page, and click Save.
- Return to Setup and get your search engine ID (CX value) under Details.
- In the WCMS, open
- Edit the file and replace line 19 with your own CX value.
Note: To help expedite Google indexing your site, it is recommended that you submit your site to Google Webmaster Tools/Search Console once it is live. It is best to submit a sitemap, and request a fetch by going to Crawl > Fetch as Google.