There is a standard format recommended to name folders, pages, and uploaded files in the WCMS.
Name a Page or Folder
Create a new folder or file.
When you create a page or folder, you will need to give it a Page Name. The page name is the name of the page/folder used in the folder tree, as well as in the URL.
The Page Name must:
- be entirely in lowercase
- use hyphens (-) for spaces for Page Names containing multiple words.
For example we have a new page that we want to call "Name of the Page".
Incorrect Page Names:
- Name of the Page
- name of the page
Correct Page Name:
Give the page a Display Name. The Display Name is what will actually appear on the site, in the navigation.
Name Uploaded Files
Select Add Content > File to upload your file.
Select the file you want to upload. By default, the name of the file you selected becomes the Page Name.
Clean up your file name prior to submitting the file.
- Remove any spaces, underscores, or extraneous numbers/dates.
- Check that the file name is in lowercase and use hyphens (-) instead of spaces or underscores.
- Make sure the file extension (.jpg, .mp4, etc.) remains in the file name.
Examples of Poor File Names:
- Infographic Beneath the Surface.jpg
- Video background1_3.mp4
Examples of acceptable file names: