If you would like to track analytics on your site, you will need to set up a Google Analytics account to get a tracking code for your URL. If you already have a tracking code pointing to your URL, then you can continue to use it. Google Analytics can be used on its own, or in combination with Google Tag Manager.
How to get a tracking code
- Go to Google Analytics and sign in or create a Google account.
- Select the Admin button.
- In the ACCOUNT column, use the drop-down menu to select the account to which you want to add the property.
- In the PROPERTY column, select create new property from the drop-down menu.
- Select Website and enter your site’s information to get the tracking code.
- In the WCMS, click
- Select edit and paste in your tracking code.